Former Kaizer Chiefs scout has went on record regarding his abrupt departure from Naturena where he had worked for two seasons.

Sinesipho Mali left Chiefs after allegations of misconduct were reported against him in the media, and this was soon after his reported suspension.

Now, setting the record straight, Mali admitted he was indeed suspended for 11 days without revealing the details around his suspension.

ALSO READ | Former YoTv Present has sadly passed away

While local reports claim his departure from Chiefs was connected with the suspension, Mali said there was no proof of misconduct against him because he wasn’t even charged by the club.

Mali said he was never fired by Chiefs instead, both him and the club decided to go separate ways after the 11 days of suspension had elapsed.

And according to Mali, the separation stemmed from the ‘differences’ he had with Chiefs, and because of the things that had changed within the club.

ALSO READ | Mason Greenwood named in the Manchester United squad

Mali further thanked Chiefs, especially football manager Bobby Motaung and chairman Dr Kaizer Motaung for giving him the opportunity to work at the club.

“There were some changes in terms of my situation and position with the club,” Mali told TimesLIVE.

“What was surprising and disappointing was the reports that were saying: first, I was suspended; second, I was charged with misconduct; and third, was subjected to a disciplinary hearing by the club because of that misconduct.

“I was suspended, but there was never a DC hearing because I was never charged, meaning there was no proof of any misconduct,” he continued.

“There were reports suggesting that I was fired because of a suspension and misconduct. That wasn’t true — I was never fired.

“That was a mutual decision by myself and the club to go our separate ways because of our differences, and things that had changed within the club.

“The reason I’m setting the record straight is the reports tarnish my name, which I have worked hard for.”

“[I was suspended] For 11 days, and there was no direction in terms of the situation and that’s when we decided to meet the club and go our separate ways.”

ALSO READ | TEN Mamelodi Sundowns players yet to make any appearances this season

“I really have no idea where it came from. Even now I maintain a professional relationship with everyone at the club. I just want to respond to the false reports,” he said.

“I had a great two years at Chiefs, the club invested in me, took me to Manchester [for a course with Ipso, the International Professional Scouting Organisation] — Chiefs was my childhood club so it was like a dream.”

“And I am really grateful, especially to Mr Bobby Motaung [Chiefs’ football manager] — he played a father figure role; and grateful also to the chair [Kaizer Motaung] for the opportunity and his belief in my work,” added Mali.

The South African

Categories: Sport


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *