There are no shortage of rumours and reports linking players with a move to Chiefs. Here we take a look at a list of possible newcomers.
With Chiefs having made it clear they are targeting a specific type of player in order to bolster their squad for next year, it is certainly interesting to see what progress they could be making in their recruitment drive.
So what do we know so far? For one, earlier this year, Thatayaone Ditlhokwe was already announced as a new signing by the club. The SuperSport United man will join Kaizer Chiefs at the end of the season.
It’s also become an open secret that sought-after TS Galaxy star Given Msimango has been snapped up on a blockbuster four-year deal.
Cape Town City midfielder Mduduzi Mdantsane has apparently also agreed transfer terms in principle.
These three players are set to make the move to Naturena, while there are also plenty of others who have been linked with at least some connection to interest from Kaizer Chiefs.
SENIOR PLAYERS WHO ARE LINKED WITH A MOVE TO KAIZER CHIEFS
• According to Phakaaathi, SuperSport midfielder Jamie Webber is also on the radar of Chiefs, with the club said to be in the market for another talented midfielder to add to the team mix.
• Rumours have also suggested that the club remain interested in Stellenbosch’s Argentine star Junior Mendieta and 23-year-old AmaZulu midfielder Siphesihle Maduna.
• Midfield may be a clear target area for Chiefs, and now there is talk that they could once again go on the hunt for long-term target Thabo Cele.
• According to FAR Post, Chiefs may be having another look at Venezuelan international Edson Castillo, who rejoined Monagas SC in his home country after any Chiefs move failed to materialise during the last transfer window.
• According to Soccer Laduma in a report published earlier this year, Chiefs are exploring the option of further bolstering their defence, and have identified Denis Nya as a possible target from Zambian powerhouse club Zesco United.
• Another interesting rumour suggests that Chiefs may also be monitoring JDR Stars winger Ishmael Wadi.
Chiefs coach Arthur Zwane has suggested the club know exactly what they’re looking for when it comes to player recruits.
“Whoever we bring on board will be a need, more than just a player that is doing very well for a certain team, someone that needs to come here and add value, that is why we are doing proper profiling of players with how we want to play and how they can come in and add value,” Zwane said.
“It’s pointless for us to bring a player because he is doing well for his team right now and not able to come to help us and shine like that as well and play in a system that suits him so we focusing on ourselves.”