Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos is naming his latest squad on Thursday. Here are five players Kaizer Chiefs fans expect in the list.
Knowing the public demands and expectations to select Chiefs players, we’ve taken a look at five Glamour Boys who could make the national team this week.
The national side will be back in action this month with two friendly games.
The first battle will be against Sierra Leone on 24 September, before Botswana on the 27th.
HERE IS THE LIST:
• Itumeleng Khune – It might still be too early but Khune’s 91 caps are nothing to sniff at.
Experienced heads just need to be in camp without needing to play.
• Zitha Kwinika – The central defender has been Amakhosi’s best player and played every minute so far.
• Keagan Dolly – The 29-year-old has only delivered one assist in eight games but could get the nod for the sake of selection continuity, leadership, and experience.
• Yusuf Maart – The Bafana international has been rather classy in Zwane’s midfield.
There’s no evident reason for Broos to drop him.
• Kgaogelo Sekgota – The nippy left-winger has been Chiefs’ surprise best attacker this season with two assists and two penalty-wins in seven games.